Sunday, June 2, 2013

For My Sister...


I have pretty amazing sisters.  You only have to meet them to know the kind of people they are.  One, despite struggling with fertility issues has raised two incredible daughters, and is willing to lend a hand in mothering the children she knows and loves without bitterness or jealously. My kids are so lucky to have her, and so are all of the young women in the youth group she leads.

My other sister is balancing much on her plate right now.  Due to serious illness of a family member, she is balancing the needs of two households, as well as caring for another extended family member recently hurt in a car accident. She also serves on the board of a local charter school, and balances it all remarkably well. Today she received news of a tragedy in her extended family.  Those strong shoulders, already carrying so much, have one more burden.  I wish I could carry some of it for her.  I wish I knew how to make the burden lighter.  We all know those times when the sun seems so far from shining.  My remarkable sister, so very full of faith, hang in there.  The sun is just over the horizon.

2 comments:

  1. She is an AMAZING woman always there when anyone needs her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb. Hoping the sun will shine soon. Until it does, we are finding it peeking out here and there. Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete