Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Snowball Fight

I am switching it up a little today.  The news this weekend was full of car accidents and tragedies.  Unfortunately, our family did not escape the trend of accidents this weekend.  Pam's son, Isaac, was in an accident.  Luckily he and his friends walked away without any serious injuries.  The night and the accident were full of miracles.  I will leave you in suspense and let Pam post more information when she is ready.

As for the happy post, I thought I would give you a peek into our lives and what we enjoy doing as a family.

Growing up with 5 siblings, we didn't have money for extravagant vacations.  Instead, we would pile all of the kids in the truck and camper and head to the mountains or down to our family farm in Fremont, Utah.  We grew to love the beauty and peace that can be found in the mountains.  This love has continued and we are now passing that love on to our children.

For most of our family, Memorial Day was spent in the mountains this year.  Pam and Debbi spent time with their kids up at Snowbird.  My youngest, Whitney, went hiking with friends.  Brian, Chelsea and I headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon.  We decided to go for a walk around Silver Lake.  As we got to the north side of the lake we had to walk across snow.  Being one of those obnoxious moms who always has her camera out, I had Chelsea pose for a picture in the snow.  The snow was a little too tempting for my adventurous 21 year old.  Next thing I knew, a snowball was flying over my head, straight at her dad!  We had a great time hiking, unsuccessfully looking for moose and enjoying being a family.

We concluded our trip up the canyon parked in the Brighton Bowl looking for my ipod.  My dear husband decided that a good hiding place was in the compartment that covered the lighters/power supplies in our truck.  Unfortunately, when the cover is closed, it works kind of like a laundry chute, sending my ipod into the vast unknown behind or under the dash board.  Our search was unsuccessful.  Fair warning:  never try to store anything in said compartment.  You will have much more success using compartments that are actually meant for storage. :)

Have a great week!  If you have any good news or happy stories you would like to share, please send them to us.  We are always happy when others share their "lemonade" with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment